I see so many similar characteristics between him and Jackson, yet also many unique traits. Most times all I have to do is look at him and he will have a giant grin and start laughing. For no apparent reason. Jackson was the same way! Camden has been really good and just finding things to do and play with, especially when I am busy in the kitchen or something. He is usually perfectly happy driving his little people cars down the car ramp. Or finding something to put in a cup, box, bucket, etc. He loves coming into the kitchen and opening cabinets and drawers. He has yet to dump all of my tupperware or bowls out and instead just gets out his snack cup and lid and tries to put the lid on. He still enjoys his music table and pushing the buttons on the ride on toys. He loves swinging and playing peekaboo. He loves to be upside down. If you are holding him he will lean back and try to go upside down. He loves doing headstands.
About a week before he turned one I dropped the noon feeding and am only nursing him morning and night. Part of me wants to be completely done nursing yet part of me isn't ready yet. Maybe just another few weeks or so. It's hard knowing he's the last baby I'll be nursing. It is such a sweet time with them especially at this age when they almost never sit still! He curls up in my lap and holds my hand or the top of my shirt. Camden has 6 teeth now - 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. Knock on wood, he's never bitten me either! I started offering whole milk in a sippy cup but he isn't a fan yet. I remember it took Jackson a while to drink it too. Camden loves to eat! I don't know where he puts all the food he consumes. Breakfast he usually has eggs, toast and fruit. Maybe a waffle or a bagel. He wasn't a big fan of oatmeal last week. Lunch is generally part of what I eat or maybe grilled cheese/quesadilla/leftover chicken or cut up cheese, fruit, and maybe veggies. Dinner is whatever we are eating. He is a great eater! He loves my salsa verde chicken with rice, slow cooker beef burritos, poppyseed chicken, bbq, hamburger, noodles and more! He's kind of gotten bored with cheerios and usually eats a few and then winds up dumping the rest out. We have a ton of goldfish right now leftover from his party and he loves eating those. He will eat fruit anytime of day! He still likes broccoli and will eat mixed veggies I give him. I generally don't cut things up in tiny pieces and he does a great job chewing with the teeth he has. I always cut grapes and cheese and some harder to chew foods I do cut into smaller bites.
Camden finally started consistently sleeping through the night around 11 months or so but then right before he turned one and even the week after was waking up around 3:30 or 4 many nights. All in all I do think he is a good sleeper. Some babies still wake up multiple times a night at this age. Yikes! Thankfully he hasn't done that in ages. He usually takes 2 naps a day. The 1st is usually around 9:30 and then the other around 1. Maybe 3 or 4 days a week the boys are both sleeping at the same time and I actually have a little quiet time! I have never been one to tiptoe around while the boys are sleeping. I wanted them to adjust to sleeping with noise. Camden, however, will wake up to a pin drop. He's getting better and I do turn on his bathroom fan for a little white noise. He will also wake up as soon as he poops and will not fall back asleep. He sleeps on his tummy mostly and likes to curl up in the corner. He loves to hold onto and cuddle his little monkey and this little pillow he found in his room. If I am holding him before bed and he is holding onto his pillow he puts it up to his cheek. He hates laying on his back to get his diaper changed or to get dressed.
We were busy this month! We went to NC to visit Grandpa and Mimi and went to the lake twice. We went to Top Golf, Chattahoochee Nature Center and played with friends and he had his first haircut.
Camden weighs 21 lb 4 oz (48%) and is 29.5 inches long (35%). His head circumference is18 inches (39%). He generally wears 12 month clothing and pajamas and some 9-12 month clothing too. He is wearing Honest Company diapers in size 4.
Camden on the left and Jackson on the right. Both almost 12 months old.
At dinner. He rubbed his pineapple hands all through his hair!
In NC
Wearing Jackson's sunglasses and being silly!
Much needed haircut!
Nature center
Camden, Carsten and Everett
Sound asleep flat on his back
He loves playing in his chair
Looking out the window
More headstands
I took some fun pictures of him in the yard to use at his 1st birthday party spelling "one"
Snoozing on Nana






































No comments:
Post a Comment