The boys had had camp that morning and as the day unfolded I knew I wouldn't be able to pick them up. Jimmy picked them up and took them home and said Annabelle was very sick and I was with her.
Dr G recommended I take her to the animal hospital where they have plenty of staff to tend to her all day. After taking her there and finding out she was bleeding out from her tumor they said they wanted to put her through multiple blood transfusions and then surgery to remove tumor with lots of hospital time I knew it wasn't the right decision. That's not the kind of life I wanted for her especially at the end. I took her back to my vet where I felt very comfortable. I had been going to them they were almost my kitty loving family. This was one of the saddest days of my life. I was not ready for this and I was all alone there. I was a mess, crying all day long. I snuggled her for probably close to 45 minutes and then Dr G came in and sat with me while I held her and she administered the medicine. I held her for another 20 minutes or so and all the techs and workers there came in to love on Annabelle too. I was heartbroken. By this time it was after 4 pm. And her original appointment was at 9. Talk about a long emotional day!
To my sweet Annabelle, I love you so much and miss you everyday. I didn't want to see you in any more pain. I was fortunate enough to have you for the past 11+ years. You were always so snuggly and I loved your tiny squeak. You snored so loud I could hear you from downstairs! We all miss you and love you!
I cried so much today my makeup is all gone
She was so happy to be curled up on me and I cherish our last quiet snuggles.
Some pics of her from her earlier years!
Silly girl sleeping in Nana and Papa's bidet!
She loved chewing on straws
Annabelle always sat with me while I was working! Either in the chair or on my desk.







No comments:
Post a Comment