Monday, August 1, 2011

Jackson is 3 Months Old!

Happy 3 months to Jackson! I can't believe how fast these past 3 months have gone by. Especially when we had such a rough start and I didn't know how I would make it through the first week we brought him home! We still have some tough days but I know in raising a baby that there will always be hurdles but that we will get through it!

Jackson is nursing really well at this point. We got over the initial hurdles and now he's doing great. He nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day. He does get the occasional bottle and usually does well with them - but not always!

He smiles all the time! He is always smiling in the morning when I go get him in the morning. We thought we heard a little laugh but haven't heard it since :( Soon I know. He looks like he wants to laugh so hard but just can't get it out!

He is so ticklish on his tummy and its so cute to watch him squirm and smile while we tickle him.

He's had some fussy times these past few weeks and I think he is having a hard time self soothing. Hopefully he gets better soon.

He's been sleeping great at night! He slept 9-7 for about a week or 2 but sometimes still wakes up around 4 or 5 am every now and then. The hardest part is going to bed. We had started putting him down around 7pm but he was fighting it until 9 so I think we'll just keep his bedtime closer to 9 until he's ready to go to bed earlier. He naps a few times a day but sometimes its hard to get him to nap in his crib - we work on it though. He still sleeps swaddled at night.

He loves his swing and bouncy seats. He's not a big fan of the baby bjorn yet, but I do continue to try it and hope he will like it more soon.

We get out of the house a good bit in between his feedings to go to lunch with friends, shopping, or to a mom's group I go to on Fridays. He does pretty well while we are out most of the time :) We are looking forward to playdates and music classes in the next few months!

Jackson weighs about 12 1/2 lbs right now. He is wearing 3 month clothes and still wears size 1 diapers.

Jimmy and I love Jackson more and more every day. He is so much fun but is also very exhausting!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...