Many people say that if our bodies would allow it the gestation period for a baby would be 4 trimesters. They really need that fourth trimester to finish major developments. Many times after those first 12 weeks of the newborns life many changes take place. When they were once fussy they become calmer, they fall into a natural routine, etc.
Well 12 weeks came and went and I wasn't noticing a huge change. Then I remembered that I have to add 6 weeks to that since he was born premature. The fussiness has gotten much better and all of a sudden a few weeks ago he started taking his naps right on schedule and in his crib! As a newborn he slept all the time and wherever, then around a couple months old he fought naps. In order to get him to catch a few zzz's during the day I had to resort to putting him in the swing for naps. It worked every time but I hated getting into that habit. About 3 weeks ago I started just putting him in his crib and he fussed for about 5 min or less and then I checked the monitor and he was sound asleep. This has been going on now for about 3 weeks or so. I thought back to when it started and it was wight about week 18...the end of his fourth trimester!
No comments:
Post a Comment