Thursday, October 4, 2012

First Trip to the Zoo

I met my friend Caroline and her son Waylon at the Atlanta zoo. I had not been to the Atlanta zoo in many many years. The last zoo I went to was the San Diego zoo which is just plain amazing. I found ours to be a bit lacking but still fun nonetheless!

We started with the boys in the strollers but they quickly wanted to get out and explore on their own. They actually did really well walking along side us. We saw the gorillas, monkeys, reptiles (not my fave but I don't mind too much since they are in cages!), lions, giraffes, rhino, panda, elephants, tigers and more. We stopped for a couple little breaks for some playground fun and rode the train around the zoo.

We brought a picnic lunch with us but the boys were too busy to sit and eat for long. It was such a fun morning and Jackson was fascinated by all the animals he saw! I'm thinking we should plan another trip to San Diego soon :)




Watching the tigers




Gorillas

Monkeys

He loved hanging out with his buddy Waylon





The lions were so close

Sunbathing

Watching the giraffes




Having so much fun on the playground!


Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...