Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fernbank Museum

We went back to Fernbank museum last week. We met my friend Nicole and her son Connor. Connor and Jackson are 2 weeks apart so its always fun to hang out and catch up on what the boys have been up to. I've known Nicole since 1st grade! Seems like an eternity ago - haha!

Jackson wasn't his normal self and was extremely clingy and whiny. I had given him some benedryl cold meds that morning to help clear up some of his congestion. I wonder if that had an effect on him. Anyways we still had a good time and explored the Nature Quest area and then went to have a snack.




This floor looks like water moving when you walk on it and fish swim around. Jackson was trying to catch the fish and then started dancing around

There was a dinosaur there that the kids could have their picture taken with. Jackson kept waving from our table but once we were up close he got shy so I got in the picture with him.

We continued to wander the museum and did the walk through Georgia and then moved on to the sensing nature room.




We had done the bubbles before and Jackson loved it. This time there were stools so the boys were on stools while we were making giant bubbles. They started swishing their hands around and next thing I knew Jackson had splashed bubbles on him and then proceeded to rub his eyes. Disaster!! We went in the bathroom and I splashed water in his eye and he helped wash it out with his tears. 15 min later his eye was much better and not very red anymore. Whew! I was worried but I'm sure the bubbles they use are non-toxic since its designed for kids to play with.





We had lunch and then headed home. Such a fun morning with our friends.

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality photos - these were all iphone photos and I feel like they were very grainy and blurry - operator error for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...