Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's the Little Things

Jackson and I went to music class this morning. He's been sleeping later so we usually wind up rushing to eat, get dressed and get there by 9:30. He loves his class, especially playing with the instruments. He acts shy during class a lot but will usually go sit with Miss Mary for a rhythm pattern or to give her goodbye hugs. Today after class she had some music on while we were putting our shoes on. Jackson thought it was so funny to keep running away from me so I couldn't put his shoes on! So she started dancing with him and he totally loved it. He's got some unique dance moves! It was so cute, I wish I'd taken a picture or video of it.

Then we were off to meet my moms group for a Police Station tour and then lunch. Well we were way late for the tour so we just decided to run an errand and then go to lunch. We ran into Petsmart to get some stuff. I got a hand basket and Jackson wanted to carry it for me. He was so proud because he was being such a good helper. We stopped by to admire all the birds flying around in their cages. He said "bur" for bird which was the first time I'd heard that one! Then off to see the guinea pigs. He couldn't quite figure out what they were and I think was getting confused when I said the "pig" part! We went to get cans of cat food and Jackson helped fill the basket so intead of getting the 6 or 8 cans I needed we wound up with about 20! Oh well. We decided to get Cooper a toy and he saw all the dogs playing at doggie daycare. He watched them run around for probably close to 10 min!

We headed to Panera for some lunch with the other moms and kids. We finished lunch and by we I mean I did and he sucked down his squeezable yogurt but of course didn't touch his grilled cheese. We headed home and he fell asleep in the car. I transferred him to his crib and he must have been worn out because he is still snoozing! There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping toddler curled up on your shoulder while you carry him upstairs.

Sometimes I can't figure out where to start writing for some of my posts (hence me getting so behind) but days like today I just like to remember what we did and how sometimes the simplest things are exciting enough for a toddler :)

p.s. No, every day isn't an easy breezy day like this! We definitely have our fair share of tantrums with our almost 2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...