Thankfully the doctor told me a couple weeks ago that I can go run quick errands, go to dinners/movies and don't need to be sitting/laying down all the time anymore. I am still supposed to take it easy but it is so nice to be able to get out of the house, play with Jackson, have dinner dates with my hubby, etc. Those first couple of weeks of bedrest I had such pity parties for myself about how I couldn't do anything or help Jackson. Now I might do too much with him on occasion but I do my best to take it easy!
We are so grateful for my mom who has come into town for the past 7 weeks and helped with Jackson, cooked, cleaned, done laundry, grocery shopped, etc for us! My dad has come and been extremely helpful too but she has been here the majority of the time. I will really miss her help and company when she gets back to her life! I know they will still come visit and help often but it won't be like it is now.
I have really enjoyed reading so many books these past 7 weeks. I have read 3 Tana French books and 2 Kristin Hannah books. Normally, I tend to put reading on the back burner and always spend my time being "productive" during Jackson's nap. It's nice to have actually taken time to do something enjoyable for me! I hope I can keep it up and continue reading some once the baby comes.
At 34 weeks I was slightly dilated. I have been having some contractions but not labor contractions - mostly just feeling tightness and pressure. I am up from my pre-pregnancy weight a total of almost 20 lbs. I have been eating healthy but also have my sweet treats all the time! I have been craving pumpkin everything lately! Most of the pregnancy shorts and pants are getting uncomfortable because the band presses into my belly so much. This baby is very low already and fortunately has been head down for a couple of weeks now. The baby has been measuring right on track. Sleep is not so good. I tend to wake up every night and stay awake for a couple of hours sometimes.
We still have no idea of the gender and are trying to finalize a top boy and girl name so that this baby isn't nameless like Jackson was for a week! :) The nursery is a blank slate right now. We are waiting to see if its a boy or a girl and then I will find some new crib bedding and wall decor to order for that room. We have all the same furniture in there - crib, tall bookcase, changing table, glider and another small bookcase.
35 Weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment