Friday, September 20, 2013

Camden's 1st Week

I can't believe it was just a little over a week ago that I had Camden - it feels like longer already! We came home on Saturday night and after putting Jackson to bed and eating dinner I had a second wind and stayed up way too late. We went to go to bed around 11 and Camden decided he was not ready to sleep. He was fed, changed and swaddled and would fall asleep in our arms but once we put him in the bassinet after about 10 min he would cry. This went on until almost 3am! I even tried feeding him during this time but he had no interest in eating. Finally after 3 he fell asleep and then I think he stayed asleep until 6 and after I fed him slept until 8 ish. He did basically the same thing the following night making me one tired mommy! The third night he slept in the rock and play swaddled tight and we turned the sound machine on heartbeat and he slept great! I made sure to go to bed right after his 9 pm feeding. He woke up about every 3 hours to nurse. The rest of the week he slept pretty good! We have been continuing with the rock and play and sound machine on at night. Some nights I had to wake him after 4 or 4 1/2 hours to feed him.

This time is so different than with Jackson. We are so happy and lucky to have Camden home with us. He is able to latch and nurse much better than Jackson could. He isn't a big eater though or maybe is just very efficient and fast! He is typically nursing every 3 hours or so.

He sleeps so much and makes the cutest squeaks and faces. We have had a low key week at home except for his outing to the pediatrician. Jackson has been so good with him always asking where baby Camden is and always wanting to hold and kiss on him. We have been working on getting him to just kiss on his feet or tummy/back.

Jimmy and I are trying to make sure to give Jackson some special alone time too since I spend so much time with Camden with feedings and such. So we have taken him to the park alone several times. We were lucky to have Nana at the house with us still so she could stay with Camden.

Camden is wearing preemie and newborn outfits and started with preemie diapers and by the end of the week we were running low on those and switched to newborn.


He was a little jaundiced so the pediatrician told us to put him in sunlight for a little bit to help



At the doctor for his 1st check up. He weighed 6 lb 6 oz. (11%), 20 in (58%) and head circumference is 13.5 in (35%)
Snuggles with mommy before bed



Yummy edible arrangement from Barry and Rae!
Nana with her boys. Jackson loves the balloons that came with the edible arrangement. Jackson doing his "surprise face!"





He loves to lay cuddled up on me :) 







My boys :)


Getting a few minutes of sunlight


 He was not wild about his first sponge bath!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...