While I feel like breastfeeding has been easier this time around we still have had many challenges from the beginning. People always say it gets easier around 6 weeks which I agree with! However it's more like 6 weeks gestational so I saw these changes more in the 8-9 week period. Camden latched better and more consistently, could handle the milk flow a little better, and just seemed to have an easier time overall nursing. Not to mention the soreness he caused me was pretty much gone. Camden is nursing every 3 ish hours during the day and varies at night. Sometimes he is sleeping in 6-7 hour stretches and only waking once to nurse and sometimes only 4-5 hour stretches and waking 2 times to nurse. We have only tried bottles a couple of times and he doesn't seem to take too well to it. He also is not a fan of a pacifier either. After he turned 1 month we wound up putting him on reflux medicine but hopefully he won't have to be on it long-term. He was getting very fussy during feedings and pulling off and arching/screaming from the pain. We could hear it coming back up and then he was coughing and choking on it. The medicine has definitely helped. It is so common for babies to have reflux especially preterm babies (technically he was slightly preterm). I am not one to over-medicate but I do think it is helping and we plan on testing around 4 months to see if he still needs to be on it.
We still have Camden sleeping in the bassinet in our room. I switched him back to the bassinet from the rock and play and he seems to be fine in it now. He is swaddled up tight on his back and we keep the sound machine on ocean waves every night - soothing for him and for us! We moved Jackson to his crib around 8 weeks but for some reason I am just not ready to move Camden. Maybe in a few more weeks! He is sleeping in 6-7 hour stretches many nights and then sometimes just 4-5 hour stretches. Naps are harder during the day. He will often sleep in the carseat while we are out but at home it isn't as easy to put him down for a nap. He is just starting to like the swing around 9 weeks. I remember a period with Jackson where the only way I could get him to take a nap during the day was in the swing. I'm not hung up on getting Camden in his crib for structured naps yet. I know it will come and it will get easier as he gets older. The hours from 7-10 are his worst time of the day...the witching hours! He is not ready to go to bed after the 6-7 pm feeding so he stays with us downstairs and might nap a little but typically is just fussy off and on until his next feeding and then he'll usually go right to sleep. I remember this time with Jackson and its hard and exhausting but will pass before we know it!
Camden started smiling (social smiles, not just smiling because of gas!) right about the time he turned 2 months.
Camden weighs 11 lb 13 oz (37%) and is 23.25 in (58%). His head circumference is 15.25 (35%). He is wearing mostly 0-3 month clothing. He still fits in a couple newborn things but they are pretty snug now. He is wearing Pampers Swaddlers size 1 diapers. I will probably switch to size 2 soon just because I am running out of 1s and he'll be in 2s soon anyways. His eyes are a deep blue and his hair is looking strawberry blondish!
Jackson has been so good with Camden. Most people say how their older child experienced jealousy and would ignore the baby for several months. Anytime Camden is laying on the floor Jackson will go over and lay down next to him putting his arm around him. If Camden is in the bouncy seat or newborn napper and starts crying and I'm in the middle of doing dishes or something I'll tell Jackson to go talk to him and he usually calms down pretty quickly. Jackson will say "It's otay Tammen".
He wasn't loving his new football hat...
Hanging out in the k'tan wrap. I didn't have this with Jackson but I have enjoyed using this with Camden
Seriously every time Camden has tummy time Jackson comes over and lays down next to him and puts him arm around him. So sweet! :)
We met Sebastian and got to visit with David and Lis
Camden and Samantha (born 1 week apart)
He was pretty over the pictures by this point!
Happy 2 months Camden! It's hard to believe 2 months have already passed. I have absolutely loved the newborn snuggles but am pretty excited about your personality starting to come out as you get older. We love you so much!


























No comments:
Post a Comment