Just when I start feeling confident with both kids, we have some bad/rough days. I have been very lucky and had many good days so far but now some days I feel like I just can't keep up. Between keeping Jackson happy and entertained, Camden fed and happy, the laundry, the cleaning, grocery shopping, errands, the bills and accounting for our business, baby book updates, blogging, emails, thank you notes and the list goes on and on I feel like I never have enough time. When (if) I ever get some time where I could actually get stuff done half the time I am tired and want to just sit and do nothing instead! I know this is just a season and eventually we'll get through it but some days I just feel defeated. I know that before I know it the boys will be off to school and I will think back to these days and wish I could have my babies back! I am definitely someone who likes to be busy and likes to feel like I have accomplished things so when days go by where I feel like I get nothing done that frustrates me. I need to always remind myself that I am doing plenty just in taking care of Camden and Jackson and those are my top priorities right now.
Jackson, being a typical 2 1/2 year old, does a good job with pushing my buttons and testing me and some days my patience is wearing thin by the time Jimmy gets home. We try to work on him playing independently and he usually will play by himself outside, but inside, with his toys, not so much. Now that we are starting to get into some colder temps and rainy weather we will be stuck being inside more often. I think we have done a good job not watching too much TV lately. However, sometimes that's the only option while I am nursing Camden! Overall I think he has done a good job with the transition, some days are just better than others!
Camden has changed a good bit lately. He is awake more and sometimes harder to soothe back to sleep during the day. Thankfully at night I don't usually have a problem getting him back to bed! We've had some days where he just cries and cries and it is so hard to figure out what he needs/wants. We try it all...feeding him, rocking him, changing his diaper, etc. I remember these days with Jackson and I know that they will pass. We had some rough days/week with nursing lately. He's been having some reflux issues. I could hear it coming back up and he was coughing and
choking on it. That was then causing him to not nurse for long because
of the discomfort. We decided to try some medicine and it seems to be helping. He's not having these coughing/chocking and projectile vomiting episodes like he was. Overall I do think Camden has been a calm, laid back baby but he has some
moments that are tough. Totally to be expected with a newborn!!
I need to remember that these days will pass all too quickly and that I am doing a good job. I find I am better at encouraging other people than encouraging myself and noting the good and positive things I do. Definitely something for me to work on! I am lucky to have a supportive and helpful hubby and also have several friends that I can express my frustrations to and I know they will listen and help encourage me. In keeping this blog it is our family memory book and I feel like we should remember the good and the bad. Even with the hard times I wouldn't trade what I have for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment