We might have been crazy but we decided to take a family trip to Hawaii at a time when our kids were 3 (almost 4) and 18 months old. I worried about the flights and time change but as it got closer and closer. I decided I could only prepare so much and between Jimmy and I we would be fine. And really and truly we were! I wouldn't say the boys were perfect on the plane rides but for the most part they went smooth! Camden got a little antsy at times when he should have been sleeping but we had snacks and activities and somehow kept everyone happy! Anyways so here we are going to Hawaii after our 2 day stop in San Francisco. We left San Francisco around noon and after 3 airplanes by the time we landed in Kauai it was 8:30 pm (Hawaii time!) Long long day of flying. We had pizza and wine for us and let the kids run around outside. It was after 10 before we all crashed and went to bed! But then we woke up to this the next morning...
Cloudy, but on the beach in Hawaii! We were on the East coast of Kauai the first night. It is generally much more cloudy and rainy there.
Clearer skies while driving to the Marriott Waiohai
View from the Waiohai. This is where we stayed for the week. It is in Poipu on the South side of the island.

Paradise!
A monk seal sleeping. They are endangered so if they come on shore they block a large section off around them with caution tape to keep people from getting too close.
We walked next door to Plantation Gardens for dinner
The behind the scenes of trying to get a toddler to smile in a photo :)
I had enjoyed taking some fun nature shots in the gardens
The next morning we hit the beach. Jackson insisted on sitting in the stroller while Camden always walked. Little backwards, huh?!
There was a water aerobics class going on and Jackson kept watching and doing the moves
I spent nap time with this view! Jimmy stayed in with the kids and I sat out by the pool reading my book
More to come...























No comments:
Post a Comment