On a rainy dreary Thursday we headed to the airport to fly to San Francisco. Usually we all ride in the shuttle bus from the park n ride but this time Jimmy dropped me and the boys off with all the bags and car seats. Luckily we curbside checked the suitcases and car seats and then we headed inside to wait for Jimmy. I decided rather than just stand there we could go ahead and go through security. Everything went smoothly! We headed to the train and got to our gate quickly. As I was sitting down I thought to myself, maybe I can do this by myself. I have always been nervous at the thought of traveling by myself with both of them! But maybe I would survive! As long as it was a short flight!
Our flight was delayed and we spent the time watching airplanes, kissing the yucky airport windows and quickly going through my bag of snacks and activities! I swear if I say "don't do something" all the more reason to! Let's hope the windows had just been cleaned?!
Camden slept for all of 40 minutes on our 5 and a half hour flight and it was his nap time!
The rest of the time he wanted to do this. Open and close the window shade
Our view from our hotel. We stayed at the Union Square Marriott. 21st floor.
I had a bad headache from not drinking enough water and not eating any real food. All we ate was junk food on the plane. I tried to lay down in the hotel room for a while. After a while I rallied and we got a cab and went to my Uncle Robert's house. He and Jimmy took the boys and Autumn (his sweet chocolate lab) to the park across the street while I got to lie down some more. We had a delicious dinner of crabs and salad as well as fruit and mashed potatoes for the boys. And I had some yummy minestrone soup to start with. Jackson loved cracking the crabs and ate some of them. Jackson and Camden were pretty good and well behaved but also a little hyper! They were tired and it had been a long day for them. At this point it was probably almost 8 pm which is 11 east coast time! Robert drove us home and after we got them to bed around 9 I went straight to sleep myself.We all woke up about 6:45 the next morning which was early but I was just happy no one woke up at 3 or 4 thinking it was morning because of the time change! After a real dinner, lots of water and a good nights sleep I felt back to normal. We ate breakfast in the hotel and then headed out. We decided to catch the cable car and go to fisherman's wharf to see the sea lions.
Camden was in the ergo so only the back of his head made it in our selfie!
Me and my sweet blonde haired blue eyed boys
Jackson wanted to take our picture!
Camden was in awe!
And so was Jackson!
One sea lion found a nice spot on the back of this boat
They might looks like they were matching but don't worry they weren't! Just had the same hoodie on and jeans :)
After we wandered around Pier 39. Jimmy's friend KT met us and we decided to go bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm not even sure how many miles it was but it was far! And there were a couple substantial hills. Luckily Jimmy towed the kids in the trailer and I was riding solo.
They both fell asleep during part of our ride so those were their naps for the day.
We'd been riding about 10-15 min already but gosh the bridge still seemed so far away!
Camden didn't make it in the picture, he was asleep still
Looking back at the city
We rode to Sausalito and then stopped at a yummy place called Salito's for lunch.
I brought these suction cup sticky toys along that we played with everywhere. They were a hit at lunch too and KT put them on his head and said he was Shrek Jackson loved it! Of course Camden wanted to be just like them too!
Fist bump
Jackson wearing my sunglasses
After lunch we rode to the ferry and took the ferry back. It was a little breezy up top!
Riding home on the cable car. Camden was so tired but didn't fall asleep in the ergo and Jackson was pretty tired too!
Nothing like a Starbucks and a fruit squeeze to revive you! Coffee for me, fruit squeeze for Camden
We caught a cab and headed to our friends house for dinner. Chris cooked up an amazing pasta dish and delicious steak and asparagus. Sadly at 9:30 we had to go put our jammy wearing kids to bed. Good times with friends though!
The next morning after breakfast we headed to the airport and traveled to LAX and then LAX to Honolulu. We barely made it but then got on our flight to Lihue, Kauai. It was about 9pm Hawaii time when we finally got to the hotel. We managed to have pizza, wine for us and let the kids run around and then finally got them to bed around 10 or 10:30! Long day for sure but so happy the next morning to wake up in Hawaii!



























No comments:
Post a Comment