I was heading up to bed around 10:45 one night and had heard Camden coughing some through the monitor but when I went up I checked on him I realized he was really coughing (like a croup cough) and also seemed to have a hard time catching his breath and was gasping for air. We have a nebulizer so I tried it but he fought the mask on his face and finally around 12 when he wasn't getting any better I decided there's no way I was going to be able to sleep anyways knowing he couldn't hardly breathe so I took him down to the ER. He was such a good little patient there! They got us back and checked him out pretty quickly and determined he had a bad case of croup and needed a steroid and breathing treatment. However after they did the treatment you have to stay for another hour so they can be sure they don't have a reaction. It was a long night!
After just checking in and seeing the nurse.
Nothing like having a popsicle at 1am!
After we got home around 4:30am I put him in our bed for the rest of the night. Jimmy took this while we were sleeping.
Luckily we both got to sleep in the next morning until about 9:15. Jimmy got up and got Jackson ready and dropped him off at preschool.
No comments:
Post a Comment