The following day we lounged around the house and went to the playground for a little bit. We grilled out that evening and ate outside - this was our first weekend of fall-ish weather and it was awesome!
With Nana at dinner
Daddy snuggles and kisses at dinner
"Risky Business"
Gameday... Go Dawgs!!
What does a monkey say? Jackson - "ooh ooh ooh"
"Cheese"
Sunday after breakfast Jimmy and I left to go to the Ritz for a little
getaway. This was our first time away from Jackson. Once we checked in
we headed straight to the pool. Luckily the temps were in the mid 70s
during the day and perfect for sitting by the pool. We read our books
and magazines, drank a couple cocktails and relished in the fact that we
weren't limited by an almost 17 month old and could do whatever we
wanted! I will say that even though we thoroughly enjoyed
ourselves I did miss the little guy a whole lot. I am used to spending
my days with him as my sidekick. I texted mom and she told me to stop
checking in - Jackson was fine! I knew he was but I couldn't help
myself! One day we went to the spa for massages which was absolutely wonderful. We would spend the remainder of our days at the pool. We soaked in the fabulous fall weather dining outside both nights.
Playground fun with Nana and Papa
Ahhh... relaxation for mommy and daddy
Birthday champagne :)
Cotton Candy - this was after we ate delicious steaks, potatoes, salad and dessert. We were full but it was so yummy!
Happy Boy - it doesn't even look like he missed us...
The MetLife blimp flying by the Ritz
Out at the MetLife party with Nana and Papa. It was held by the Ritz and Jimmy and I walked over from the pool to sneak a glimpse of Jackson but didn't see them in the huge crowd. He had fun and got to see Snoopy for the first time!
Getting some more energy out after the party before bed
What a wonderful birthday weekend! We really enjoyed our getaway but were so happy to get back to our little guy! Thank you so much to Nana and Papa for watching him for us. I know you had so much fun with him and Jackson had a ball with you both!




















No comments:
Post a Comment