Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Camden: 8 Months

The months keep flying by! I guess I should start thinking about his first birthday party soon because I know these next few months will fly by especially since it is summer and we will stay very busy. I'm excited about him growing up but also sad as he is most likely our last baby. Every stage is so much fun for different reasons and I definitely don't want to wish away his baby-ness!

Camden is nursing 4-5 times a day. When he's nursing he wants to hold onto something. Either my shirt, or he'll pull on my hair (ouch!) or reach up and grab my chin and neck. And if he's awake when we eat he usually eats 3 meals as well. He doesn't always consume much but he is touching, tasting and smelling lots of different foods right now. He loves fruit! He's had watermelon, bananas, pear, apples, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, strawberries, pineapple and oranges. Most of these are in big chunks and he holds them and sucks/gnaws on them with his gums. Still no teeth! He likes yogurt but does better with the Chobani Champions greek yogurt in a tube but sometimes I give him the yobaby in a cup. We give him eggs (fried and scrambled) but he isn't a big fan yet. He's also had toast, waffles and pancakes. Lunch is usually some fruit and maybe veggies or bites of quesadilla. Dinner is some combination of noodles, veggies, fruit,  and some kind of meat. He's had chicken and pork but doesn't eat a whole lot of it. He likes his veggies! He's had broccoli, asparagus, squash and zucchini, potatoes, avocado, baked beans and refried beans. He is drooling all the time and chomping on everything so I really think he'll cut a tooth soon.

I think the teething has been causing some trouble in dreamland for Camden. His napping is awful! Jimmy is really good at getting him down but he is super hard for me. When I put him down he wakes up as soon as I leave his room and then will just cry and cry. He doesn't take a paci so he doesn't have anything to soothe himself. I'm hoping we pass this hump and he starts sleeping better soon! When he starts to get tired he snuggles up against you and likes to tuck his arms inside between him and us. It's cute! He also tends to sleep like that in his crib. He also sleeps with his bottom up just like Jackson did.  He does sleep pretty good at night though. He goes to bed around 7:30 and some nights will sleep all night but a few times a week he wakes up usually around 4 or 5am. We try to let him fall back asleep on his own but most times I go in and nurse him and he goes back to sleep. I know he doesn't technically "need" to eat but I enjoy the snuggles and sweetness in the middle of the night and I want to be able to comfort him.

This month has brought a lot of changes! He started crawling and is moving fast! He also started pulling up. He will sometimes be on his knees and other times pull all the way to standing. It was time to lower his crib this month once he started pulling up in his crib. When he's playing or in his crib and he wants you to pick him up he raises his arms.He is such a happy guy and loves to laugh and smile. Especially for Jackson. He thinks he hung the moon! I also love seeing how excited he always is when daddy gets home from work. He is always trying to get Jackson's balloons! He also likes the music table and tries to get the train tracks from the train table. He is always getting the pretend food from the kitchen and the pots and pans too. He's at the stage where everything goes in his mouth.

I am not sure of his height and weight right now. I get comments from people that say he is big for 8 months and then people that say he is small for 8 months. I'm just happy he is a happy healthy boy! He is wearing some 6 month clothing but mostly 6-9 months stuff. He is wearing size 3 diapers.


Eating some yogurt and pear


Trying out the johnny jump up


Dinnertime. He had this green bean hanging out of his mouth forever!
Playing with toys





My little loves on Mother's Day

Up on his knees in the crib





He's growing up too fast! We are loving every new stage though! He is such a happy guy and is really only fussy when he is tired and or fighting sleep. Otherwise he's usually all smiles. He started always sticking his tongue out. I feel like with Jackson that was a sign teeth were coming. He was using his tongue to feel his gums. He loves to swing outside on the swingset and generally just loves to be outside or around people. Happy 8 months Camden! We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...