Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cirque Du Soliel: Amaluna

Jimmy and I hadn't been to a Cirque show in about 5 or 6 years and we decided it would be fun to take Jackson. We left Camden at home with a sitter. I am sure he would have enjoyed parts of it too but it was nice having time with just Jackson and I am also not so sure Camden would have been able to sit still the whole time. We went to a 4pm show and Jackson had school that morning, so I got him from school at 1 and went home and put Camden to bed. I told Jackson that we were going to the circus and he didn't have time for a nap but that we were going to have quiet time. For someone who is rarely quiet and doesn't like to do things alone he did so well. He sat quietly on the sofa and drew pictures on the magna doodle and looked through a few books and did some puzzles. Now if only I could get him to do that on a normal day too! Ha! Around 3:15 we left for Cirque. On the car ride he insisted he was not sleepy yet he promptly fell asleep and slept for a good 30 min.

We woke him up when we got there and he was so excited. He had no idea what to expect since we had never been before. Before the show some of the performers walk around and joke with the audience. They sit in your lap or next to you, start eating your popcorn or throw your popcorn all over you. Jackson thought it was hilarious and when someone asked him his favorite part he said when the lizard threw the popcorn. Ha! We all really enjoyed the show and afterwards went to Fellini's for pizza. I really enjoyed our special time with Jackson. We don't always have much alone time with the boys but I think it is important for us to have special time with both separately.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...