Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swimming

Jackson is a little fish in the water. He actually tries to lunge out of our arms thinking he can swim on his own. I love that he loves the water but also worry since he doesn't know how to hold his breath and float on his back.

We decided to start swim lessons. These are different than your typical swim lessons. They teach them to hold their breath under water, how to roll over and float on their back if they were to fall in and more. It is called ISR, Infant Swimming Resource. It is a 4-6 week program for about 10 min a day. There are limits on what they can eat during the duration of lessons and since we are doing morning lessons they are not allowed food or milk for 2 hours before in order to allow them to better hold their breath.

We start in the morning and I am nervous! Jackson is at a very clingy stage and is always ready to eat first thing in the morning so this is going to be a big adjustment. I am excited for the program though and will feel so much more comfortable afterwards when he is in the water.

Wish us luck! I'll update later this week as to how its going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...