Friday, July 19, 2013

28 Weeks

I was 28 weeks pregnant on Monday and had been feeling pretty good! We went to a makeup music class on Monday morning and Jackson got to play the violin.


Later in the afternoon we went to the dr for my 28 week appointment. The ultrasound of the baby looked great. When they checked my cervix via ultrasound it measured too short. It should be around 3 or 4 cm at this point but it was 1.4 cm. When it gets closer to 1 is when you start dilating and progressing with labor. They hooked me up to the contraction monitor and I was having contractions so I was ordered to head to Northside Hospital to be monitored more closely. They gave me the first dose of steroids to help develop the baby's lungs in case I did in fact deliver soon. I also began taking meds to relax my uterus which would help reduce the contractions.

Luckily Papa happened to be here and was able to stay at home with Jackson while Jimmy took me to the hospital. Grilled cheese and grapes for dinner. Nana drove in from the lake and got there just before it was time for Jackson to go to bed.
 My view that evening from the hospital room

Nana and Papa sent me pictures of Jackson for the next couple of days
 French toast for breakfast

 My breakfast. I would have rather been eating french toast with my sweet boy :(

 His "cheese" face! He is such a goofball!

 I had a cute little visitor on Wednesday :) He tried to steal my Cheetos but I didn't let him!

On Thursday morning I had another ultrasound to check my cervix and it was up to 1.7 cm I was allowed to go home on full bedrest and I had another appointment scheduled for the next morning.

 So happy to be home. We were snuggling on the sofa after he woke up from his nap.

I am so thankful that I didn't start going into full labor. We need to keep this baby inside growing as long as possible! Thank you to Nana and Papa for all the help with Jackson. Jimmy has been amazing too. He has been super busy at work and yet still spent plenty of time with Jackson and also came to spend time with me every day. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from our friends too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...