Sunday, July 14, 2013

Big Boy!

Jackson climbed out of his crib many months ago and I was sure we were about to start the transition to a big boy bed. It was a hectic week and we never wound up taking the rail off his crib that week. He never climbed out again and was content in his crib so we left it alone for a while. When we got home from the beach last week I knew we needed to start the transition since we would be needing our crib for the baby in a couple of months. We took his front rail off on Sunday and he was super wound up and overtired when I was putting him down for his nap. I feared this was going to be a horrible transition. He didn't want to sit still and read books and I was getting frustrated.

We wound up reading a couple books and then I told him he was such a big boy and would be sleeping in his big boy bed now. I tucked him and George in under his blanket and left the room. I was sure he would get up and play in his room rather than sleep. But he laid there and went to sleep. When he woke up after his nap he even stayed in his bed until I came in! I told him how proud I was of him for sleeping in his big boy bed!



That night we followed the same sort of routine and I continued to make a big deal out of him sleeping in his big boy bed.


He usually kicks his blanket off by morning. He stayed in all night and waited for us to come get him in the morning after he woke up :) We are off to a good start. The plan is to stay in this bed for another few weeks or a month and then he'll move into a queen size bed in his new big boy room I am putting together for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...