So, I'm only on day 4 of being on bedrest at home and it's been really hard! I'll take being home with my family over being in the hospital any day but its still been tough. I'm not exactly a type A person but I do like things neat and tidy and I always find something to be doing. Whether its cleaning up, crafting, blogging, catching up on accounting work for the business, etc I rarely ever just sit around and completely relax. Now, there are the occasional nap times when I do just sit and watch a tv show or read a little but those are pretty infrequent. It's just not my nature.
So to be told I have to be on bedrest and can only get up to go to the bathroom or get something to eat and/or drink is super hard. I can't stand to look around and see clutter and piles of things that need to be put away. I want to be able to sit in my office and catch up on work stuff because I hate to be behind on it. I have crafts and things I was going to start working on for Jackson's big boy room. I had been really into finding new recipes and cooking and baking recently. And there is always laundry to be done and folded and put away.
Let's not even get into how useless I feel knowing I can't hardly care for Jackson by myself. He can come sit on the sofa with me but that's about it! I can't sit on the floor and play with him, can't pick him up or carry him, can't take him outside to play, can't go upstairs to do bath and bedtime with him.
Of course I want to do everything in my power to keep this baby growing in my belly for as long as possible. 28 weeks is much much too early to meet this baby. We have had a baby born premature and there is nothing worse than leaving the hospital while your baby is still there in the NICU. So I will do what the doctors say but its going to be tough and I'm just hoping it doesn't get me down and depressed.
I am trying to come up with projects I can do while sitting on the sofa and I am sure I will spend a lot of time reading. It's hard to think I have at least 6 more weeks of this. The doctor says I will be on bedrest until at least 34 or 35 weeks. Its a good thing Jimmy and I already had a getaway and we had our beach trip week before last!
No comments:
Post a Comment