Camden has been sleeping great! 3-4 hour stretches at night! He's been sleeping in the rock and play at night and usually snoozes in the newborn napper downstairs during the day. He is so good about going right back to sleep at night and sometimes during the day. He is staying awake a little longer during the day. He sleeps through my vacuuming and Jackson's screaming and basically most any noise going on in the house! He nurses every 3 hours or so during the day. We haven't tried a bottle yet and I don't think I am in a big rush to try one. It's easier and I think I just prefer feeding him vs pumping and bottle feeding.
Jackson continues to sleep great in his big boy bed! We have been so lucky with the transition. He prefers to stay in his bed until we come get him and likes to sleep in like his mommy and daddy! More often than not we are all sleeping until 8 ish! Most times when he wakes up we hear him talking to his Curious George. We have been having some lazy mornings in jammies.
Jackson repeats everything these days and picks up on so much. He is so observant and watches everything. At the playground he watches the older kids playing and then does exactly what they do. Playing on equipment designed for much older kids but he has it all figured out already! He says some of the funniest things!
- He is particular as to who can do what for him. If I go in to get him up in the morning but he wants daddy to get him up and change his diaper he'll say "no, daddy poopoo me!"
- If we are out throwing the tennis ball for him to hit he'll stop put his finger up and say "no, Na-na" He prefers his Nana's throws over mine I guess!
- He carries around one of our old iPhones and he calls it his hewwo. He'll say "where's my hewwo" and he'll hold it up pretending to take pictures
- He started saying "huh?" all the time after we say something. He hears us but just says "huh" multiple times. I started asking if he heard me and then just say, ok. He says "otay"
- When I am feeding Camden he says "baby tammen eat more mommy tummy?" I think he thinks he's eating from my tummy. We just go with it. I don't think a 2 year old needs to be constantly using the correct terminology. He talks about it every time he eats! And I know when he's a little older he'll understand more.
- He loves popcorn! And asks to eat poppern (as he calls it) throughout the day for snack.
- When he is going to bed or down for his nap as we are closing the door he always says what he wants to do when he wakes up. He'll say "ba, watch George, poppern, hit ball." I have no idea why but he calls milk, ba. He hardly ever had bottles so I doubt he's calling it ba for bottle.
I have been pleasantly surprised with how good Jackson has been these past few weeks. Don't get me wrong there have been many whiny moments, crying and some screaming but overall he has been so good! I was so terrified of how to manage both of them and so far it's gone really well. I know the tough days are bound to come though! Jackson is so good about playing outside while I am nursing or even if I am just busy in the house cleaning up. He watches a little Curious George but not very much. He's played with his trains and also his grill more. He's been big into grilling up food for us and serving us. Jackson has been good about understanding that mommy needs time with Camden or that I need feed him and change his diaper often. I make it a point to spend one on one time with Jackson once Camden is napping.
Celebrating my birthday!
Nana, Papa, Jackson and Camden
Snoozing...sweet puppy feet!
We got beautiful flowers delivered!
Jackson eating his popcorn
Playing a little choo choo
He loves snoozing on mommy :)
Out to lunch at 2 weeks old


















No comments:
Post a Comment