Monday, October 28, 2013

Trip to Durham

We finally were able to go to Durham to see David, Lis and meet Sebastian! I had wanted to go so badly after they had him but I was still on bedrest and unable to travel. We headed out on Friday around lunchtime. The drive was ok considering we had a 6 week old and a 2 1/2 year old. Honestly Camden was awesome, it was Jackson who was more difficult! He was so tired but had a hard time falling asleep for some reason. He finally snoozed for about an hour. After he woke up he watched some episodes of George on the iPad. I pumped in the car and tried to give Camden a bottle at one of our stops and nursed him the other stop. It took us about 7 ish hours to get there which I don't think is too bad! The whole ride Jackson kept saying "I want to see baby bastian". Honestly he must have asked at least 100 times!

It was so great to see Lis and David and especially their sweet, adorable, giggly boy Sebastian! He is 6 weeks older than Camden and those 6 weeks really make a big difference. He is so smiley and giggly and interactive! We got some Thai food for dinner that first night which was delicious. And then Jackson headed off to bed. They prepared a room just for Jackson with the pull out sofa bed and even put a Curious George book in there for him! How thoughtful! He slept great and thankfully didn't roll out. He has rails on his bed at home just in case he rolls although I don't think he moves around too much at night. They had everything we needed for Camden in our room! Check out everything Lis stocked the pack n play with for us!



We all stayed up chatting and hanging out and then by 10ish Lis and I were both ready to go to sleep. Saturday morning we woke up around 8:30 and David made pancakes for us. Jackson was so excited! We decided to go to the Museum of Life and Science. It was gorgeous out but pretty chilly! There is so much neat stuff there - petting zoo area, choo choo train that rides around the whole area, huge playground, cafe, butterfly house and there is more but we ran out of time. We had to get back home for Jackson to nap.

Jackson and Sebastian in the morning



Such a happy boy!
Camden was still snoozing



Bundled up to go out

Looking at our shadows










Checking out thr fish

Some of the coolest frogs I've ever seen!

After his nap we played outside and tried to get some pictures of all the cousins. David smoked some chickens all day and cooked a delicious dinner for us.

 Camden (6 wks), Sebastian (12 wks) and Jackson (2 1/2 years)




 Jackson loved holding Sebastian

They have a great playset! Jackson loved the slide
We played some Zelda and Mario Kart!

We had such a great visit with David, Lis and Sebastian. I am so glad we were able to go for the weekend. We already are looking forward to Christmas when we'll see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...