Thursday, June 26, 2014

Scooter and Bicycle Riding

Jackson got both a scooter and bicycle for his birthday. He was a little hesitant on both at first. The first time he got on the bike, Jimmy hadn't lowered the seat yet for him so he sort of toppled over and for a few weeks afterwards wouldn't even think of getting on it. Finally he decided to get on one day but needed help getting started. I would give him the tiniest push and tell him to pedal. After a while I realized he didn't even need me but I pretended to still push him yet he was doing it all on his own.

He rode his scooter inside the house some getting the hang of it and then took it outside. He went pretty slow and would stop and pick it up to turn. After a few weeks he started turning better, going faster and having lots of fun on it!


I love that he always wants to be outside. I grew up playing outside and riding bikes all the time so I hope that he has a very active and fun childhood too!

 One night after baths and putting Camden to bed, Jackson and I went out to play.
Jackson knows you always wear your helmet on your scooter or bicycle. Anytime we are at the park or somewhere and he sees someone not wearing a helmet he says "he not wearing a helmet". Ha! He's a stickler for the rules.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...