Monday, June 2, 2014

Springtime Flowers and Gardening

I enjoy planting flowers and gardening but I just don't always have a lot of time for it these past couple of years. Last summer I didn't get any plants planted since we were rebuilding our deck and then I was on bedrest. In the fall I had a newborn and a toddler. This spring I was determined to plant my pots as well as my flower beds in the yard.

My parents have about 13 pots outside around the pool area. I knew she had been busy and out of town several times so I decided I wanted to help out out and plant her pots for her as a surprise. I did it on Memorial Day after Wayne and Stephanie left I headed to the nursery and bought a ton of plants. I never have a "plan" in place just pick out what I like and what looks good then get home and arrange them and then plant them.

Mom and Dad got home the day after Memorial Day and stayed at our house. I said I wanted to go to Pike's in the morning and get more plants for the rest of my pots. She jokingly asked if I had planted hers and I laughed! Jackson chose his outfit. He wore his new Paddington bear shirt from London, rain boots, and brought his "patpack" along. That's what he calls his backback!


 April 20 - Just planted. The zucchini and snap pea plants, lettuce and kale seeds had not been planted yet.
 May 20 - Everything is growing! Kale is in the front row and lettuce behind it
May 29 - Getting bigger!

Eggplant

Our first cherry tomatoes
Cucumbers on top, kale, lettuce and green peppers

Flowers I have cut from around the yard :)

The pots I have planted and some of my flower beds.

I love seeing so many pretty colors and flowers blooming in our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...